Limeade recipe from http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/limeade_with_a_touch_of_mint/
Limeade margarata from
- Grated zest of one lime (about 1 Tbsp)
- 1cup1 cup lime juice [237 g] (from about 4-6 Persian limes)
- 3/4cup3/4 cup to 1 cup [200 g] granulated sugar
- 3cups3 cups [710 mL] (1 + 2!!) water
- 2cups2 cups [475 mL] 100% agave tequila
- 1/2cup1/2 cup [118 mL] Cointreau or Grand Marnier
Preparation time 5mins
1 In a small saucepan bring to a boil the sugar, one cup of water, and the lime zest. Once the sugar is dissolved (which it should be by the time the water boils), remove from heat and let cool for for a few minutes. The amount of sugar is a guideline, it depends on how sweet you like your limeade and how tart your particular limes are.
2 Place a strainer over a bowl, or wide-mouthed serving container, and pour the sugar syrup through it, straining out the lime zest. Add the lime juice and 2 cups of water. Taste for sour/sweet balance. If too sweet, add a little more lime juice.
3 Chill. In a large pitcher, combine the limeade, tequila, and orange liqueur. Serve over ice.