Really good. We usually don't do casseroles very often, but this one even pleased hubby!
It reheats very well for leftovers & makes enough for a crowd or would even be good to bring to a potluck
- 2 pounds ground round beef
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 1/2 medium onion -- chopped
- 1 can mushrooms (or fresh) -- drained
- 1 10 oz. jar Spaghetti sauce
- 1 16 oz. pkg Wide egg noodles
- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese -- softened
- 1 16 oz. sour cream
- 1 bunch green onions -- chopped
- Grated Parmesan
Cook meat, chopped onion, garlic & mushrooms until meat loses pink color.
Drain any fat.
Add spaghetti sauce & simmer 15 - 20 minutes.
Cook & drain noodles. Set aside.
Chop green onions (tops too) and stir into sour cream and cream cheese until smooth and all lumps of cream cheese are gone.
Using a 9x13 pan, layer 1/2 of the noodles on the bottom, dollop, then attempt to spread 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture and finish with 1/2 of the meat mixture. Repeat these 3 steps, ending with the meat mixture.
Sprinkle Parmesan on top and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes (until bubbly)