- o 20 cups cold water
- o 8 chicken, bottoms
- o 4 large carrots, cut to
- o 3 stalks celery, cut like carrots
- o 2 parsnips, cut like carrots
- o 1 turnips, cubed ( bite-sized)
- o 2 large onions, cut in half
- o 1 bunch parsley ( tied up)
- o 1 bunch dill ( tied up)
- o salt & pepper or chicken bouillon
1. Bring water to boil, add chicken, return to boil (covered).
2. Add all vegetables except for parsley & dill and allow to cook on medium to low heat, uncovered, until reduced by about half (2-3 hours). You may skim during the cooking or refrigerate the finished soup and remove the solidified fat.
3. Add parsley & dill and cook for 20 minutes, then remove the herbs and discard.
4. Season soup with salt & pepper or boullion powder to taste. If soup is too strong, add water. If it is too weak let it boil out longer (uncovered).
5. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
6. Remove the chicken and separate out the meat into bite sized pieces (shreds). Return the chicken pieces to the pot. Serve immediately or freeze.