Red eye steak
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1- 1 1/2 pound of round steak cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, or as needed
- 1 14 oz bottle ketchup (1 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups of warm water
1. Combine the flour and salt in a bowl. Gently press the steak into the flour mixture to coat and shake off excess flour.
2. heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the beef until brown on all sides, 5-7 minutes. Remove beef from skillet and drain excess oil. Stir the ketchup,onion, and water into the skillet then add the meat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until tender, about 1 hour.