Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Tart
- 2 cups organic chocolate cookie crumbs (see recipe below for how to make raw ones, or use store bought conventional ones)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked in water from one to three hours, then drained
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon hazelnut extract
Make the Crust
1. Mix coconut oil into cookie crumbs until crumbs hold together. Press in a very thin layer in tart pan and chill in freezer before filling.
Make the Filling
1. Blend all ingredients in a Vita-Mix or food processor until very smooth. Fill cookie crumb crust and chill in freezer overnight. Remove tart from pan and serve. Store leftovers in freezer.
For Raw Vegan Cookie Crumbs
To keep this recipe raw, you’ll need to make these raw cookie crumbs which require the use of a dehydrator. Otherwise, just use store bought organic cookies to crumb.
2 cups cocoa powder
2 cups oat flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup agave syrup
1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients thoroughly. Add remaining ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix well with hands.
2. Crumble into small pieces (no bigger that 1/2 inch) onto dehydrator screens. Dehydrate for three days.
3. After dehydrating, process in food processor until small crumb consistency is reached.
4. Sift crumbs from flour, use flour for another recipe.