Italian meatball recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds of lean beef or pork (or use a mixture of both)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 large slightly beaten egg
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of salt (can use less)
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons of dried parsley
Mix all of the ingredients into a large bowl.
Step 2: Shape the mixture into small-medium sized meatballs. At this point if you don’t want to cook these right now you could put them in the freezer for later.
Step 3: Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees, and place the meatballs on a baking sheet. As you can see, I had to use pizza pans.
Step 4: Put your meatballs in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.Another cooking method is to simmer the meatballs in pasta sauce for about 40 minutes. This will give them great flavor and texture.