Grilled Cheesy Mini Meat Loaves
1 Serving (1 Serving)Calories 320(Calories from Fat 160),Total Fat 18g(Saturated Fat 8g,Trans Fat 1/2g),Cholesterol 140mg;Sodium 880mg;Total Carbohydrate 9g(Dietary Fiber 0g,Sugars 4g),Protein 30g;Percent Daily Value*:Vitamin A 6.00%;Vitamin C 0.00%;Calcium 10.00%;Iron 15.00%;Exchanges:1/2 Starch;0 Fruit;0 Other Carbohydrate;0 Skim Milk;0 Low-Fat Milk;0 Milk;0 Vegetable;0 Very Lean Meat;0 Lean Meat;0 High-Fat Meat;0 Fat;Carbohydrate Choices:1/2;*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- 1 lb extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- 1/4 cup Progresso® plain bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 4 slices center-cut bacon (about 3 1/2 oz), cut crosswise in half
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Heat closed medium-size contact grill for 5 minutes. Position drip tray to catch drippings.
2. Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix all ingredients except bacon. On work surface, pat mixture into 7-inch square. Cut into 4 (3 1/2-inch) squares.
3. When grill is heated, place beef squares on grill. Top each square with 2 half-slices bacon. Close grill; cook 6 to 10 minutes or until squares are thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center and bacon is browned.
Use Italian-style bread crumbs for a different flavor. You could also use pizza or spaghetti sauce for the ketchup.
Center-cut bacon has had the fatty ends cut off. You can use slices of regular bacon--just trim about 3/4 inch off of each end. The half-strips should just cover the surface of each beef square.