Herb Crusted Rib Eye Roast
- 2 1/2 lbs beef eye round roast, all fat trimmed off
- 2 tbsp fat free sour cream
- 3 tsp prepared horseradish
- kosher salt and fresh pepper
- 1/2 cup whole wheat seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp herbs de provence (rosemary, thyme, marjoram and savory)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl combine sour cream, salt, pepper and horseradish. In another bowl combine breadcrumbs, herbs, garlic and oil.
Season meat with salt and pepper. Sear roast in a large skillet on high heat for about 10 minutes total on all sides. Place in roasting pan and cover with sour cream and breadcrumbs on top of roast. Place in the oven and cook until thermometer reads 140°, about 35 to 40 minutes. Remove and let it rest for 15 minutes before slicing. Serves 8.