- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2-1/4 pounds cubed skinless, boneless
- chicken breast meat
- 1-1/2 (1.25 ounce) packages taco
- seasoning mix
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 (8.75 ounce) cans sweet corn, drained
- 3/4 cup salsa
- water as needed
- 3 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese
- 4-1/2 cups crushed plain tortilla chips
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
You have scaled this recipe's ingredients to yield a new amount (15). The directions below still refer to the original recipe yield (5).
1. In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute chicken in oil until cooked through and no longer pink inside. Add taco seasoning, beans, corn, salsa and a little water to prevent drying out. Cover skillet and simmer over medium low heat for 10 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. Transfer chicken mixture to a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with 1/2 cup of the cheese and crushed tortilla chips.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Add remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly.