Desserts - Sugar Cookies (Paige Sutcliff
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup of butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour (If Self=rising flour, omit baking soda and cream of tartar)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of creeam of tartar
- granulated sugar
Mix powdered sugar, margarine, vanilla, almond extract and egg. Stir in remaining ingredients EXCEPT granulated sugar. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Heat oven to 375. Grease cookie sheet lightly. Divide dough in half. Cut into desired shapes with 2 – 2 ½ inch cookie cutter. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Place on cookie sheet and bake 7-8 minutes or until edges are light brown; cool. About 5 doz cookies, 65 calories per cookie.
Decorated sugar cookies: Omit granulated sugar. Frost or decorate with Creamy Vanilla Frosting. Can tint frosting with food coloring, if desired.