Indonesian Peanut Saute
This Peanut Saute is my personal version of the “Indonesian Peanut Saute” from Noodles & Co. It turned out just like it! It got my hubby’s stamp of approval. In fact, he said “this is my favorite Thai noodle dish I have ever had, even better than Noodles & Co.!
- PEANUT SAUCE:
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken, cut into thin strips
- Vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 4 shakes soy sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine noodles
- Shoestring carrots
- Broccoli florets, chopped
- Green onion
- Bean sprouts
- 2 limes, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 3 teaspoons Sriracha chili sauce, or to tatse
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
Adapted from favfamilyrecipes.com
In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil, Sriracha, lime, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
While chicken is cooking, prepare the linguine and make the peanut sauce.
After the chicken is cooked, remove from the skillet and wrap in foil to keep warm.
Oil the skillet, add vegetables and saute. Except for the bean sprouts, add those a few minutes before serving so they are still nice and crunchy and don't get overcooked. Add the chicken and bean sprouts to the skillet, cover, and reduce heat.
Drain noodles and stir them together with the peanut sauce. Top with veggies & chicken and garnish with peanuts and limes. Add 3 to 4 shakes of soy sauce.
Combine chicken broth, peanut butter, chili sauce, honey, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until sauce becomes smooth and well blended.