Christmas Yule Log
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of whipping cream
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Put wax paper or spray on cookie sheet.
2. Separate the eggs and beat yolks on high speed for 10 minutes and gradually adding the sugar.
3. Mix in cocoa. vanilla and almond extracts until well blended.
4. Beat egg whites until stiff and gently fold into the cocoa mixture until well blended.
Bake for about 25 minutes.
Combine all ingredients and mix gently until well blended and refrigerate for a few hours.
Beat mixture at high speed until stiff.