Grilled Skirt Steak Soft Tacos
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1 tablespoon finely diced red onion
- 1 small serrano chile, minced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 limes
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 skirt steak, about 1 1/2 pounds
- vegetable oil
- 1 dozen 6-inch flour tortillas
1. Stir the mango, onion, chile, tomato, chopped cilantro and the juice of 1 lime together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Prepare a grill with high heat. Brush steak with oil, season all over with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, until a thermometer inserted sideways into the meat registers 130 degrees for medium-rare, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board, let rest 5 minutes. Cut steak crosswise into three sections, then thinly slice across the grain.
3. Lightly toast the tortillas on the grill until charred but still pliable, 10 seconds per side. Keep warm, wrapped in a kitchen towel. Tuck steak into the tortillas, top with salsa and cilantro and serve with lime wedges.