Hurry Up Alfredo
- 1 Cup Soymilk
- 1/3 Cup Raw, Unsalted Cashews
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 3 Tbs Low-Sodium Tamari or Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbs Earth Balance Margarine
- 1 Tbs Tahini
- 1 Tbs Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Paprika (smoked is awesome)
- 1 Pinch Nutmeg
- 2-4 Cloves of Garlic, optional
- Black pepper, to taste
Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. This may work best in a high-speed blender (like a Vita-Mix), but you can definitely make it in a regular blender. Just blend extra-long, or perhaps strain if if you want it perfectly smooth. Tiny bits of cashews won’t hurt anyone though!
If you’re making this sauce for pasta, drain the pasta and return it to the hot empty pan. Pour the sauce over, place on medium heat, and stir until heated through. Serve with lots of fresh cracked black pepper. I love it with steamed broccoli added in!