Zesty Slow-Cooker Italian Pot Roast Recipe from
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into quarters (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen whole baby carrots
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 medium Italian plum tomato, diced
- 1 beef bottom round roast or beef chuck pot roast (2 1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp. chopped roasted garlic * or chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tsp. each dried basil leaves, dried oregano leaves and dried parsley flakes, crushed
- 1 tsp. vinegar
1 Place the potatoes, carrots, celery and tomato into a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. Season the beef with the black pepper. Place the beef into the cooker.
2 Stir the soup, water, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley and vinegar in a small bowl. Pour the soup mixture over the beef and vegetables.
3 Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 11 hours** or until the beef is fork-tender and the vegetables are tender.
4 *To roast garlic, place 1 whole garlic bulb onto a square of aluminum foil. Drizzle with vegetable oil. Wrap the foil tightly around the garlic. Roast at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes or until the garlic is soft. Peel and chop the garlic.
5 **Or on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours.