Almond Chicken Casserole
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can water or chicken broth
- 4 cups cooked diced chicken
- 2 cups water chestnuts, drained (optional)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups crushed buttery round crackers
- 1 cup sliced almonds
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 70mins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large pan over medium heat, stir together cream of chicken soup and water (or broth). Stir in chicken, chestnuts, lemon juice, and mayonnaise. Stir in celery, onion, salt, and rice. Combine well, then pour into a casserole dish.
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Pour in crushed crackers, and stir to coat with butter. Pour crackers over the top of casserole. Then sprinkle almonds and shredded cheese over the top.
Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 30 minutes.