- 1 cup each cider_vinegar and water
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 6 each whole cloves and peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 lb beef rump roast, visible fat trimmed
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup crushed gingersnaps (18 to 20 cookies)
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 13mins
In a slow-cooker liner or in a large bowl, combine vinegar, water, salt, cloves, peppercorns and bay leaves. Add beef and onion; seal or cover. Marinate in refrigerator 1 to 2 days, turning occasionally.
Remove and discard 1 cup marinade. Put liner with beef and remaining marinade in a 3 1/2 qt or large slow-cooker, or transfer beef and marinade from bowl to cooker.
Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours or until beef is tender. Transfer beef to a cutting board; cover to keep warm. Remove and discard cloves, peppercorns and bay leaves.
Stir gingersnaps into liquid in cooker until dissolved. Cover and cook on high 15 minutes until thickened meat across the grain; serve with the gravy.