Layered Vegetable Enchiladas
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen bell pepper strips, thawed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (from 1 or 2 limes), divided, plus lime wedges for garnish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt-free chili powder, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added pinto or black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces frozen leafy greens, thawed
- 8 corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (optional)
Preheat oven to 400ºF. In a large pot, combine corn, bell peppers, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon chili powder, tomatoes and greens and cook over medium-high heat until liquid is almost evaporated, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mash beans with 2 tablespoons cilantro, and remaining 1/2 tablespoon chili powder and 1 tablespoon lime juice.
Arrange four tortillas on a large parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spread bean mixture evenly on tortillas. Top each with about 1/2 cup of the vegetable mixture and some cheese. Top with remaining tortillas, vegetables and cheese and bake until hot throughout and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Transfer to plates, garnish with remaining cilantro and lime wedges and serve.