Ice Cream Cake Roll
Chocolate cake rolled up with your favorite ice cream inside. Utterly and uncommonly good.
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon bakingpowder
- Pinch salt
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 3 cups of your favorite ice cream,
- Chocolate Syrup, for serving
1. Heat oven to 350. Coat a 15 x 10 x 1 inch jelly roll pan with non-stick cooking spray. Line bottom of pan with waxed paper and spray paper.
2. Stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes, until very light yellow. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until smooth.
Beat in vanilla extract.
3. Fold flour mixture into egg mixture until no lumps remain. Pour into prepared pan, spreading level. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
4. Dust a clean kitchen towel with confectioners sugar. Turn cake out onto towel. Roll up towel and cake from short end; cool completely.
5. Unroll; spread with softened ice cream to within 1 inch of edges. Reroll cake without towel. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight. If forzen overnight, let stand at room temp for 20 minutes before serving. To serve, carefully remove plastic wrap and drizzle with chocolate syrup.