Tropical Dessert Bars
- BOTTOM LAYER
- 1 (17.5 oz.) package sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- CREAM CHEESE PINEAPPLE LAYER
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained, reserving 2 tablespoons juice
- COCONUT LAYER
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from eaglebrand.com
HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 13 x 9-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan.
STIR cookie mix and melted butter with fork until crumbs form. Press evenly in bottom of prepared pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
BEAT cream cheese in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in eggs just until blended. Beat in sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and 2 tablespoons pineapple juice. Pour over warm crust. Sprinkle drained pineapple evenly over top.
STIR coconut, macadamia nuts and butter in small bowl until evenly moistened. Sprinkle over pineapple layer.
BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is set and coconut is lightly browned. Cool 1 hour on wire rack. Chill 1 hour. Cut into bars. 6 points per bar.