Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
coffee cake made with pancake batter
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups Hungry Jack® Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- OR Hungry Jack® Extra Light & Fluffy Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preparation time 12mins
Cooking time 36mins
Adapted from poweroffamilymeals.com
1.HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat 8 or 9-inch square pan with no-stick cooking spray.
2.COMBINE pancake mix, 1/3 cup sugar and chocolate chips in medium bowl. Add water, sour cream and vanilla. Blend well. Using an ice cream scoop, shape dough into sixteen 2-inch dough balls. Place in 4 rows of 4 each in prepared pan. Combine 1/4 cup sugar, walnuts and cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle over dough.
3.BAKE 24 to 26 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm.
TIPTo use Hungry Jack® Original Pancake & Waffle Mix (Add Milk, Oil & Eggs), replace 1/2 cup water with 2 large eggs and 2 tablespoons milk. Proceed as above.
TIPHigh Altitude: add 1/4 cup flour to dry pancake mix. Bake as directed above.