RISE AND SHINE MUFFINS
- 2 cups (500 ML) all purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 ML) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ML) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ML) raisins
- 1/2 cup (125 ML) medium shred coconut
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp (10 ML) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 ML) vegetable oil
- 2 cups (500 ML) grated carrot
- 11/4 cups sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups chopped apple
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir in grated carrot, raisins, walnuts, coconut and apple.
In a second bowl beat together eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir into flour mixture until batter is just combined. Spoon into well greased muffin cups, filling to the top. Bake at 350 F (180 c) for about 25 to 30 minutes. Makes about 18 muffins.