Porridge recipes - 2 recipes
Top rated Porridge recipes
Jamaican Arrowroot Milk Porridge
The arrowroot is a large perennial herb that can be found in Jamaica and many other tropical regions of the world
- 2 teaspoons of arrowroot powder
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup boiling water in a pot
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar (white sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (use more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- A dash of grated nutmeg
- 4 cinnamon leaves (wash before using)
The formula for the basic porridge is easy, and you can prepare it in advance for speedy breakfasts throughout the ...
- 2 cups milk of choice (I really like Silk’s almond/coconut milk blend)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup (69 grams) dry amaranth seeds
- 1/3 cup (60 grams) dry quinoa, rinsed and drained*
- 1/3 cup (56 grams) dry polenta (or coarse grits)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Optional spices: 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Options for serving: additional milk, maple syrup (or sweetener of choice), chopped banana, raisins, berries, nuts, seeds, shredded coconut, etc.
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!