Fresh Ginger Carrot Cakelets
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 lg eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 (3 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Line 36 miniature muffin cups with paper liners. Coat the paper liners with cooking spray.
In large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs; then stir in the carrots, milk, oil, ginger, and pecans. Stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients.
Divide batter between the 36 lined cups. Bake for 14-15 minutes or until centers of cakes feel firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and cool.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
To prepare the frosting, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, and orange zest together until smooth.
Spread frosting on the cooled cakes and top with the toasted pecan halves.