When a recipe calls for a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, here’s a copycat recipe you can make at home.
This recipe is equal to one 8.5 ounce box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix.
Makes 8.5 ounces (equal to 1-box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix) Makes 1-1/2 cups of mix. Makes 6 corn muffins.
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow corn meal
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
Adapted from tessknadler.blogspot.com
1. Combine flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well with whisk. Whisk in vegetable oil and mix until dry mixture is smooth and lumps are gone.
2. If another recipe is calling for a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, add the above mixed ingredients to that recipe.
3. If you wish to make Corn Muffins, continue with instructions below.
4. Preheat oven to 400F. Combine above mixture with egg and milk. Mix well.
Fill muffin tins 1/2 full. Bake 15-20 minutes. Makes 6 muffins.