Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix or white mix (1 pound, 2 Ounces)
- eggs as called for on the package
- 1/2 stick of margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 small can f pineapple rings (8-1/4 ounces)
- whipped cream
1 - melt the butter in the pan, then sprinkle with brown sugar
2 - drain juice from pineapple rings and put the rings in the pan in a pattern.
3 - prepare the cake mix according to the instructions on the package
4 - pour the mix over the top of pinneapple rings and bake
5 - Turn pan upside down on the rack for 2 minutes allow the syrup to drain into the cake. Reverse the pan and cool for 10 minutes.
6 - carefully remove from the pan to serving platter.
7. May be served with whipped cream