Zucchini and Yellow Squash Tian
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini and Yellow Squash Tian
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Calories from Fat 167
Total Fat 18.6 g
Saturated Fat 3.2 g
Cholesterol 3.8 mg
Sodium 254.4 mg
Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 4.7 g
- 1 1/2 lbs zucchini, ends trimmed and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 1/2 lbs yellow squash, ends trimmed and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs yellow onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 roasted red pepper, peeled, stems and seeds removed, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 85mins
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
3. Add the onions, thyme, salt, crushed red pepper, and ground black pepper, and sauté until the onions are softened and caramelized, about 15 minutes In a small bowl combine the extra virgin olive oil, basil, and garlic, and steep 15 minutes.
4. In a large ziploc baggie, toss a few of the zucchini and squash at a time with the flour to lightly coat.
5. Rub 1 tablespoon of the basil oil on the bottom of a baking dish.
6. Spread the onions in a layer on the bottom of the baking dish.
7. Arrange a row of zucchini lengthwise on top of the onions, overlapping the edges slightly.
8. Lay a thin row of red peppers next to the zucchini, then a row of squash.
9. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
10. Evenly drizzle the remaining basil oil over the vegetables.
11.Top with an even coating of breadcrumbs, then cheese.
12. Bake until light golden brown on top, about 40 minutes.