Whole Cranberry Sauce
- 1 lb. whole cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 ⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 ⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 ⁄2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 ⁄2 tsp. salt
- Generous pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Zest of 1 orange, cut into fine strips
- Zest of half a grapefruit, cut into fine strips
- Zest of 1 lemon, cut into fine strips
1. Put cranberries, sugar, orange juice, grapefruit juice, lemon juice, salt, nutmeg, and zests into a medium pot and bring just to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir well. Cook, covered, without stirring, until liquid has thickened and about half of the berries have collapsed, about 15 minutes.
2. Transfer cranberry sauce to a wide, shallow bowl and let cool. Serve at room temperature or chilled, if you like.