Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 2 cups (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 3/4 cups toffee bits, divided
In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg; mix well. Stir in almonds and 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips. Set aside 1 1/2 cups for topping. Press remaining mixture into a greased 13x9 pan.
Bake at 350 for 10 mins. Pour milk over crust; sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups toffee bits, reserved topping and remaining chocolate chips. Bake 25-30 mins. longer or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.