- 3 medium size tomatoes, all red or mix of red and yellow about 1 lb total.
- 1 refrigerated ready to use pie crust
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 dried basil
- 1/4 tsp crushed dried rosemary
- 1 egg white
- 2 T homemade pesto
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- pinch black pepper
- 1 T olive oil
- fresh basil leaves
Cooking time 61mins
1. Thinly slice tomatoes. Place on paper towel to drain for about 30 minutes. Turn slices over after 15 minutes.
2. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll piecrust into a 13 inch round. Sprinkle on thyme, basil and rosemary over crust and pat in with rolling pin. Press into bottom and up sides of an 11 inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Prick bottom of crust with fork. Line shell with foil. Fill with pie weights or dried beans.
4. Bake crust in bottom third of heated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, remove foil. Brush crust with egg white. Bake in oven 5 minutes. Transfer pan to wire rack to cool. Leave oven on.
5. Spread crust with pesto. Sprinkle with cheese. Decoratively arrange tomato slices in circles. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Bake in heated 400 degree oven 30 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and crust is golden brown.
7. Remove tart from oven and brush with oil. Cool on wire rack 20 minutes. Remove pan sides. Garnish with basil leaves.