- 3 cups whole-wheat elbow noodles
- 3/4 cup low-fat mayo
- 3/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. celery seed
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1 small Vicalia or other sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen (thawed) edamame
- 1/3 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling water until tender, 8-10 mins. or according to package directions. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl to cool for at least 15 mins.
Combine mayo, sour cream, sugar, salt, celery seed and pepper in a small bowl.
When the noodles have cooled, add celery, carrots, onion, spinach, edamame and the mayo mixture; stir well to combine.
Cover and refrigerate until cold, at least 2 hours. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if desired. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving.