- 1 7 oz pkg. flaked coconut (2 2/3 cups)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 4 oz. chocolate flavor candy coating, chopped
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam or preserves
Preheat oven to 325. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In a medium bowl, stir together coconut, sugar, flour, and salt. Stir in egg whites and almond extract. Drop coconut mixture by teaspoons 1 inch apart onto prepared cookie sheets, making 3/4-1 inch mounds. Lightly flour your thumb and press into the center of each mound to make an indentation.
Bake in preheated oven about 20 mins. or until edges are golden. If necessary, use the rounded side of a teaspoon to press indentations again. Cool cookies completely on cookie sheets. Carefully remove cookies from cookie sheets.
In a heavy small saucepan, heat and stir in candy coating over low heat until melted. Carefully dip the bottom of each cooled cookie into the melted candy coating, letting excess drip off. Place cookies, candy coating sides up, on parchment paper; let stand for 30 mins. or until candy coating sets. To fill cookies, just before serving, spoon about 1/4 tsp. of the jam into the indentation in each cookie.
To Store: Layer unfilled cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw cookies, if frozen. Fill as directed in step 3
You'll also love
- Parmesan Chicken with Pasta Rags 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pan-Roasted Pork Chops with Creamy... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Artichoke & Spinach Quiche 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Baked Apple Halves with Maple Cream 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Bars 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Coconut Almond Muffins 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Best-Ever Blueberry Muffins Recipe 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Coconut Cream Pie 4/5 (1 Votes)