- 1/4 cup Warm water
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar, plus pinch for yeast
- 1 pkg. Yeast
- 2 Tbls. Shortening, plus more for pan and bowl
- 3/4 cup Warm milk
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 large Egg
- 3 3/4 cup Flour
- Coating on dough
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar
- 2 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Chopped nuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 cups Congectioners' sugar
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 75mins
1. Put the warm water (110*) and a pinch of sugar in a small bowl; sprinkle yeast over the top. Stir; let the yeast soften and disolve, about 5 minutes.
2. Place shortening, warm milk, sugar, salt, and egg in mixer bowl.
3. Grease bundt pan and a medium bowl.
4. Once yeast is dissolved and foamy, add it to mixer bowl; mix well with dough hook. Slowly add flour. Knead on medium-low 1 minute or by hand 5 minutes.
5. Place in the greased bowl;cover with plastic. Set dough in warm place (oven @ 200*) and let rest for 20 minutes.
6. Make coating: Put melted butter in a bowl. In another bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts; sprinkle 2 Tbls. of nut mixture in bundt pan.
7. Cut dough into 1/2-inch pieces. Roll into balls.
8. Dip balls in butter, then roll in nut mixture; place in prepared bundt pan.
9. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
10. Preheat oven to 350*. Bake 30-35 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes in pan.
11. Turn bread out of pan; cool 20 minutes on rack or plate.
12. Make icing: In small bowl, stir milk into confectioners' sugar. Drizzle over bread.