Crab Macaroni Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fat-free cheddar cheese, divided
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Cook macaroni according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Drain macaroni. Add the crabmeat, sour cream, Swiss cheese, salt, mustard, macaroni and 1/4 cup cheddar cheese to the skillet.
Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 380 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 619 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
You'll also love
- Pork Medallions with Slimmer... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cheesy Potato Casserole 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Coconut Fried Shrimp 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bread Bowl Seafood Dip 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Pepper Chicken Penne Recipe 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Dijon Scalloped Potatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Ricotta Gnocchi 5/5 (1 Votes)
- No Mayo Macaroni Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)