Dark Chocolate Espresso Cookies
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c unsweetened dutch-process cocoa (spooned & leveled)
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 c (1 stick) unsalted butter @ room temperature
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 2 large eggs @ room temperature
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- 1 T instant espresso powder (or more for more flavor)
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate - 4 oz melted & 4 oz coarsley chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder & salt. Set aside.
Beat butter & sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Mix in vanilla. Combine espresso powder & melted chocolate; beat into butter mixture. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing just until combined. Fold in chopped chocolate.
Bake 14-15 minutes for larger cookies or until edges are dry. Rotate cookie sheets halfway through the time.