Pumpkin Spice Cake
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon xantham gum
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (or fresh!)
- 1/2 cup of raw honey
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar (although not wet, you will combine it with these)
- 2 tablespoons organic molasses
- 1/3 cup of grapeseed oil / coconut oil (I did half grapeseed and half coconut oil, for a total of 1/3 cup)
- Egg replacing ingredients:
- 6 tablespoons apple sauce
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp egg replacer
- (or use 2 eggs)
Adapted from lifeglutenfree.com
Preheat over to 350 degrees. Rub a 8 by 8 glass baking pan with coconut oil.
Combine pumpkin, honey, sugar, molasses, oil, and egg replacer ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together well.
Add remaining ingredients (except for the raisins) to the wet mixture. Mix with a hand mixer. Stir in raisins.
Transfer batter to the greased baking pan and bake approximately 40 minutes or until a tooth pick is inserted and comes out clean. Cool before slicing.