Irish Dubliner, Bacon and Caramelized Pear Grilled Cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 firm ripe pear, cored and cut into 16 slices
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 slices smoked bacon
- 8 ounces Dubliner cheese, cut into 16 slices
- 8 slices soft sourdough sandwich bread
1. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Toss the pears in a bowl with sugar and add to pan. Cook until tender and golden, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and reserve.
2. Return pan to heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp, about 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate covered with paper towel and drain. Discard fat from skillet and wipe out.
3. To assemble, place 4 slices of bread on a work surface. Layer each with 1 slice of cheese, 4 pear slices, 2 bacon slices, 1 more slice of cheese, and remaining slices of bread. Spread outside of each sandwich with remaining butter.
4. Heat pan over medium heat until hot. Add 2 of the sandwiches, cover the skillet, and cook until golden, about 4 minutes. Turnsandwiches, cover and cook until golden and the cheese has melted, about 3 minutes longer. Repeat with the remaining 2 sandwiches.
—Recipe by David Bonom.
Nutritional Info (per serving)
You'll also love
- Spaghetti with Fresh Tomato and... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- BASSO FAMILY TURKEY STUFFING 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Coconut Cake with White Chocolate... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Thanksgiving Turkey Panini 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Apple Pork Chops 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Bacon Mac- Cooking Light 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- (Juice) Fennel Pear Drink 4.5/5 (2 Votes)