Corn Bread and Broccoli Rabe Strata
Must allow at least 4 hours to set before baking.
I suggest doubling the vegetable component.
- 1 1/2 T olive oil (more for pan)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. broccoli rabe, outer leaves removed; stems and florets coursely chopped (about 3 c.)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 c. roasted red pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped calamata olives
- 8 lg. eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 c. half and half
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 lb. corn bread cut into 2" cubes
- 1 c. ricotta cheese
- 6 oz. grated gruyere (about 1 1/2 c.)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from newyorktimes.com
1.Oil a 9x13" pan
2. Heat oil in a pan. MEDIUM
3. Add garlic and pepper flakes, saute 30 seconds.
4. Add broccoli rabe. Increase to MEDIUM HIGH. Cook 2 minutes.
5. Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 c. water.
6. Reduce heat to MEDIUM, cover, cook 3 minutes. Broccoli should be tender. If mixture looks watery, boil down a bit to dry out.
7. Transfer to a bowl and add roasted pepper and olives.
8. Make a custard by mixing eggs, half and half, remaining salt, and black pepper.
9. Spread cornbread cubes in the 9x13" pan.
10. Scatter vegetable mis over top.
11. Dot with dollops of the ricotta.
12.Pour custard evenly over top.
13. Sprinkle with gruyere.
14. Cover tightly and let sit in frig at least 4 hrs., or overnight.
15. Let casserole rest at room temp 30 min before baking.
16. Preheat oven to 350•.
17. Bake until firm and golden - 45 to 55 minutes.
18. Cool at least 20 min. before serving.
19. Can serve hot or warm.
You'll also love
- Seared Filet Mignon with Jameson... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Zesty Beef and Rice Skillet 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Muffins: Cranberry, Oatmeal W. W.... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Grilled Artichokes with Creamy... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Baked Shredded Carrots 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Corned Beef Brining 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Creamy Cheesy Corn Casserole 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Broccoli fish bake 4.3/5 (8 Votes)