Crown Pork Roast with Stuffing
- 1 (16-rib) pork crown roast (8 lb./3.6 kg) NoteFor ease in preparation, ask your butcher to tie the 2 sections of ribs into the crown roast.
- 3/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 3/4 tsp. black pepper, divided
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3-1/4 cups apple juice, divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 pkg. (120 g each) Stove Top Lower Sodium Stuffing Mix for Chicken
- 2 Gala apples, chopped
- 1 cup Back to Nature Trail Mix - Almonds, Raisins, Cranberries and Pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 2 Tbsp. honey Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
HEAT oven to 350ºF.
SEASON roast with half each of the salt and pepper; place on rack in roasting pan. Bake 2 hours. Meanwhile, bring water, 1-1/2 cups apple juice and butter to boil in large saucepan. Stir in stuffing mixes, apples and trail mix; cover. Remove from heat; let stand 5 min. Fluff with fork.
REMOVE roast from oven. Lift roast from rack; set aside. Place 6-inch square of foil on centre of rack; return roast to rack, making sure foil is under centre cavity of roast. Fill centre of roast with stuffing; spoon remaining stuffing into casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray.
BAKE roast and stuffing 30 min. or until internal temperature of roast reaches 150ºF. Transfer roast to serving platter; cover loosely with foil. Let stand 10 min. or until (160ºF) for medium doneness.
MEANWHILE, pour drippings into measuring cup. Skim off fat from surface. Reserve 2 Tbsp. fat; return to roasting pan. Discard remaining fat. Set drippings aside for later use.
WHISK flour and mustard into reserved fat; cook on medium heat 1 min., whisking constantly. Stir in drippings, remaining apple juice, salt and pepper; cook and stir 3 min. or until gravy comes to boil and is slightly thickened. Stir in parsley.
SERVE roast with stuffing and gravy.