Mixed Berry Cobbler
This recipe was in our local newspaper and with a little bit of adjustment for the topping, our version of mixed berry cobbler is now a family favorite.
- 16ounces16 ounces strawberries, sliced
- 6ounces6 ounces blackberries
- 6ounces6 ounces raspberries
- 6ounces6 ounces blueberries
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2cup1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3tablespoons3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4cup3/4 cup flour
- 1/3cup1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4teaspoon1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2teaspoons1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6tablespoons6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4cup3/4 cup heavy cream
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 65mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium sized bowl, combine strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and lemon juice. Add 1/2 cup sugar and the cornstarch to the berries and gently stir together until the mixture thickens.
Place the berries mixture into the bottom of a 9- by 9-inch or 2 quart glass baking dish.
Add the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder to a medium sized bowl and mix together. Using a pastry blender, cut the pieces of butter into the flour mixture until coarse crumbles appear. Stir in the heavy cream to make a soft dough.
Drop the topping by tablespoonfuls over the fruit. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar over the top. Bake 50 minutes or until the top is well browned and the juices are bubbly. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.