Monte Cristo Casserole
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 6 eggs or 1 1/2 cups egg substitute
- 2 (12 1/2 ounce) packages frozen French toast, slices,thawed
- 8 ounces deli ham, diced
- 8 ounces deli turkey, diced
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, snipped
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup strawberry ice cream topping
- Raspberry Jam is good for dipping if Strawberries out of season
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
Preheat oven to 375^F.
Pour milk in a microwaveable container and heat until hot.
Whisk eggs in small bowl and add hot milk to eggs, blend.
Cut French toast into 3/4 inch cubes; place in a large bowl.
Pour egg mixture over bread cubes, toss gently, set aside.
Combine ham, turkey, cheese and parsley in a bowl.
Spray a 13x9x2 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
Layer half the french toast cubes with half the meat mixture in bottom of pan.
Let stand for at least 10 minutes (It can be held overnight.) Set at room temperature for a few minutes before baking-or bake a little longer if it's cold.
Bake 30-35 minutes until golden brown and set in center.
Cool 10 minutes.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar
Heat Raspberry Jam to use as dipping sauce or Strawberries