Apple-Brined Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 3 cups apple cider or juice
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 2 cups cold water
- 10 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3-3/4 pounds)
- One 2-gallon resealable plastic bag
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 medium tart apples, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a Dutch oven, combine the cider, onion, lemon, rosemary sprigs, salt, 1/4 cup brown sugar, garlic, bay leaf and peppercorns. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir until salt and brown sugar are dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in water. Cool brine to room temperature.
Place chicken in the 2-gallon resealable plastic bag. Carefully pour cooled brine into bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible; seal bag and turn to coat. Place in a roasting pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
Place beans and apples in a greased roasting pan. Drain chicken; place in prepared pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 40 minutes.
Combine the minced rosemary, oil, pepper and remaining brown sugar; sprinkle over chicken. Bake 15-25 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180° and beans are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 chicken thighs with 3/4 cup bean mixture equals 591 calories, 32 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 163 mg cholesterol, 817 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 47 g protein.
You'll also love
- Pronto Pasta and sausage 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- LEMON BARS 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Pie in a Glass 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bruschetta and Cheese... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Slow Cooked Whole Chicken 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Maple-Walnut Chicken Thighs and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken thighs with orange -glaze 5/5 (1 Votes)