Beef Pot Pie with Potato Biscuit Crust
- 1 piece (1/2 lb) deli roast beef, cubed (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 jar (12 oz) beef gravy
- 2/3 cup instant mashed potatoes (dry)
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon freeze-dried chives
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In 2-quart saucepan, heat beef, frozen vegetables, onion and gravy to boiling over medium heat, stirring frequently. Boil and stir 1 minute. Keep warm.
2. In medium bowl, stir dry potatoes and hot water; let stand until water is absorbed. Stir in Bisquick mix, milk and chives until dough forms. Place dough on surface sprinkled with Bisquick mix; gently roll in Bisquick mix to coat. Shape into ball; knead 10 times. Pat into 11x7-inch rectangle. Fold dough into thirds.
3. Pour beef mixture into ungreased 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish. Carefully unfold dough onto beef mixture.
4. Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.