Easy Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
Baby back ribs are broiled and basted with sauce until sticky and caramelized. They really are tender, and perfect for a weeknight or game day dinner.
- 3 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 3 cups barbecue sauce
- Vegetable oil spray
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 615mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Mix paprika, brown sugar, cayenne, salt and pepper and rub mixture evenly over the ribs.
Arrange ribs upright in the slow cooker with meaty sides facing outward.
Add the barbecue sauce all over the ribs. Cover and cook until ribs are tender 6 to 8 hours.
Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray vegetable oil on a baking rack and place on top of the foil.
Position the oven rack about 10 inches from the broiler element.
Carefully remove the ribs, meat side down, to the prepared baking rack.
Let the braising liquid settle. Skim off fat with a large spoon.
Strain the drained liquid with a strainer into a pot. Simmer about medium-high until the sauce reduces to about 2 cups and is thicker. Season with salt and pepper, to your taste.
Brush the ribs with some of the sauce and broil until they begin to brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn the ribs over, meat side up, brush on more sauce and broil 2 to 4 more minutes. Brush on more sauce, until the ribs appear well browned and sticky.
Transfer ribs to a cutting board, tent with foil and let rest for a few minutes. Serve with leftover sauce.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (672 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta &... 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)