- 10 lbs potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter plus more to taste
- 1 cup warm milk plus more to taste
- white pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
1) Clean, peel and coarsley cut up potatoes. Place in a large pot of lukewarm water over high heat. Bring to a boil and continue to boil until potatoes are fork tender. Begin checking at about 15 mins after the potatoes begin to boil.
2) Once the potatoes are tender, drain and mash hot potatoes in a large bowl with the butter and some salt. Add about 1 cup warm milk and whip with hand or stand mixer on medium high speed. Add salt and white pepper to taste. Additional butter and warm milk may be added to taste and to achieve the proper consistency.
3) If potatoes are to be used later, keep warm in a crock pot.