Carrot-Pumpkin Bars with Orange Icing
We replaced part of the pumpkin with shredded carrot to make the bars less dense and give them a bit more texture.
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1 t. finely shredded orange peel
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 c. canned pumpkin
- 2/3 c. cooking oil
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 c. finely shredded carrots
- 1 c. chopped walnts
- Orange Icing
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 60mins
Heat oven to 350. Stir together flour, baking powder, orange peel, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Combine eggs and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Stir pumpkin, oil, milk, and vanilla into egg mixture. Stir in carrots and walnuts. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirrin gwiht a wooden spoon till combined. Spread batter in a greased 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or till wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Drizzle with Orange icing; cut into trangles or squares. Makes 36.
Orange icing: Combine 1 1/2 c. sifted powdered sugar and 1 tblsp orange liquur. Add inough orange juice (about 1 tbsp) to make an icing that is easy to drizzle.
To store: cover and stor in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
You'll also love
- Banana Muffins (Food Network) 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Turkey Brine 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cheddar-Horseradish Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Butternut Squash and Corn Pie 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Blueberry Flummery 4/5 (1 Votes)
- SEAFOOD STUFFED ZUCCHINI 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Veal Scalloppine with Lemon,... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Easier Than Takeout Orange Chicken 4/5 (1 Votes)