Brownie cake with streusel topping, you get a Brownie Coffeecake! Source: Woman's Day magazine Holiday special issue January '09.
- Streusel Topping:
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocoalte chips
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup EACH flour, light brown sugar,
- chopped pecans
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) Butter
1. Heat oven to 350. Coat a 9 inch springform pan with nonstick spray.
2. Whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl until thoroughly blended.
3. Melt butter and 1 cup of the chocolate chips in a medium saucepan over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat; whisk in sugar, then eggs, and vanilla until blended. Stir in sour cream. Scrape into flour mixture; stir until smooth. Stir in remaining chocolate chips. Spread batter into prepared pan.
4. Work all streusel ingredients with a fork until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle over batter in pan. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
5. Drizzle with melted chocolate and border with pecans, then sprinkle with powdered sugar.