Spinach Salad with Pomegranate and Avocado
The sunflower seeds and spinach in this salad are top-notch sources of magnesium, which enables your body to create dopamine. The avocado's vitamin B6 produces serotonin, a calming neurotransmitter.
- 1 pomegranate
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 bunches flat leaf spinach, stems trimmed, well washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons roasted, hulled sunflower seeds
- 1 Hass avocado
Halve pomegranate lengthwise and seed. Working in a bowl of cold water, use your hands to separate seeds from membrane. Membrane will float to the top; discard. Scoop out pomegranate seeds and pat dry.
In a large bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons lemon juice, mustard, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss spinach, sunflower seeds, and pomegranate seeds with dressing in bowl. Transfer to a serving platter.
Halve avocado and remove pit. Scoop out flesh and thinly slice lengthwise; drizzle with remaining lemon juice. Transfer to plate and arrange salad on top. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Baked Shrimp Dip 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Tropical Couscous 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Mom's Applesauce Pancakes 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Mashed Cauliflower and Cheese 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crepes with strawberries, bananas,... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pan-Roasted Broccoli & Chestnuts 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Rigatoni with Sausage and Kale 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Spinach and Mushroom Manicotti 4.5/5 (2 Votes)