Summer Corn & Potato Chowder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 fresh corn kernals (from 3 ears of corn)
- 1 large (3/4) baking potato, peeling and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives, for garnish
1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium head. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes
2. Add the corn, potato, broth, cream, cayenne pepper, and salt and black pepper to taste. Bring the soup to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the potato is tender, about 10 minutes. Servce in pretty shallow bowls garnished with the chives.