Thaw in refrigerator 24 hours per every 6 lbs.
Roast to 175 to 180 degrees F. 10 - 12 mins per pound if not stuffed.
- 1 turkey (10 to 25 lbs)
- Truss Kit
- 3 to 6 TBS melted butter plus additional butter for basting
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 140mins
1) Position a rack at the lowest level of the oven. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2) Remove the giblets and neck from the turkey then rinse inside and out and pat dry.
3) Generously rub the body and neck cavities and sprinkle the skin with salt.
4) Loosley pack the cavities with onion, carrots, celery, parsley and herbs. Close the vents and perform a simple truss. Arrange the turkey breast side up on a rack set in a roasting pan. Brush skin all over with butter.
5) Basting every 30 mins with additional butter or pan drippings, roast the turkey until an instant-read thermometer plunged into the thickest part of the thigh registers 175 to 180 degrees F, 10 to 12 mins per pound if the bird is not stuffed.
6) Remove the turkey to a platter and let sstand for at least 20 mins before carving.